Red lights are always worrisome. What’s with the one flashing on your Bosch dishwasher? No need to panic, it won’t turn into a fireworks display.
That blinking red light in bosch dishwashers signifies an issue with the water supply, drainage, overheating, or sensor.
I’ll show you a couple ways to get rid of it – I’ll even go into details about what actually causes the issue. Let’s get started.
Why Is the Red Light Blinking on My Bosch Dishwasher?
There could be a few reasons for this annoying blinking. Let’s break them down.
Water Supply Issues
Sometimes, the blinking red light means there’s a problem with the water supply.
It could be because the water hose is twisted or blocked, the water valve is closed, or there isn’t enough water pressure.
Another possible cause of the blinking red light is a drainage issue. If your dishwasher can’t drain water properly, it triggers the red light.
This can happen when the filters are clogged, the drain hose is blocked, or the drain pump isn’t working correctly.
Your Bosch dishwasher has safety features to prevent overheating. If it detects too much heat during a wash cycle, it turns on the blinking red light to alert you.
This can happen when the temperature settings are faulty or the heating element isn’t working properly.
Sometimes, the red light indicates a problem with one of the dishwasher’s sensors.
These sensors monitor things like water level, temperature, and door position. If a sensor is malfunctioning, it can trigger the blinking red light.
How To Fix The Bosch Dishwasher Blinking Red Light
If you notice anything off regarding any of the above components, then they’re almost certainly why you’re seeing the red light.
Here’s how you can fix each of them.
Check the Water Supply
If you’re facing a blinking red light due to a water supply problem, here’s what you can do:
- Check the water hose for any twists or blockages.
- Straighten it out if needed.
- Make sure the water valve supplying the dishwasher is fully open.
- Check if you have enough water pressure. Refer to your dishwasher’s manual for the recommended pressure range.
- If the problem continues, consider calling a professional plumber to inspect and fix any plumbing-related issues.
Make Sure The Drainage Works
If the blinking red light is caused by a drainage issue, follow these steps to fix it:
- Clean the dishwasher’s filters to remove any food particles or debris that could be blocking proper drainage.
- Look for any clogs or twists in the drain hose. Straighten the hose and clear any obstructions.
- Test the drain pump to ensure it’s working correctly. If it’s not, you may need to replace it.
- If you’re not confident about doing these tasks yourself, check the dishwasher’s manual or seek help from a professional appliance repair technician.
Address Overheating Issues
To address the issue of overheating causing the red light to blink, try the following:
- Allow the dishwasher to cool down by turning it off.
- Check temperature settings and the heating element for damage.
- Ensure proper installation and ventilation to prevent overheating.
- If the issue persists, it’s probably time to get it looked at by a qualified technician.
If the red light indicates a potential problem with the dishwasher’s sensors, here’s how you can fix:
- Check if any sensors look damaged or dirty.
- Gently clean them with a soft cloth.
- If the issue persists, reach out to Bosch customer support or a professional technician to diagnose and fix the sensor problem.
Should You Seek Professional Help To Solve This Issue?
Now, you might be wondering if it’s time to call in the pros to fix that blinking red light on your Bosch dishwasher.
While you can certainly try the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier, an experienced tech can get the machine fixed much faster- and they can do that without voiding your machine’s warranty.
Who knows, they might even catch some other underlying problems that help your dishwasher work even more smoothly.
So, if you’ve tried the troubleshooting steps and the blinking red light issue persists or if you want the peace of mind of having a professional handle the repair, it’s worth considering reaching out to a qualified technician.
They have the expertise, tools, and knowledge to diagnose the problem accurately and provide a reliable solution.
How To Prevent Blinking Red Light Issue On Bosch Dishwashers?
Preventing the blinking red light issue on your Bosch dishwasher is always better than dealing with it later on.
After all, you don’t want to waste money if any parts end up needing to be replaced.
So, here are a couple of tips to keep it away or at least minimize the occurrence.
- Keep It Clean: Regularly clean the dishwasher’s filters, spray arms, and interior to prevent any debris or food particles from causing trouble.
- Load with Care: Avoid overloading your dishwasher, as it can disrupt water flow and strain its components. Follow Bosch’s guidelines for loading dishes properly.
- Check the Water Pressure: Make sure the water pressure in your home falls within the recommended range for your dishwasher. Inadequate water pressure can affect its performance and lead to problems like the blinking red light.
- Check the Connections: Regularly inspect the water inlet and drain hose connections of your dishwasher to ensure they are secure and free from leaks or blockages. Loose connections or blockages can disrupt its smooth operation.
What does the red star mean on Bosch dishwasher?
The red star indicates the rinse aid refill indicator. It alerts you to refill the rinse aid compartment in your dishwasher.
What does flashing red light brush symbol mean on Bosch dishwasher?
The flashing red light with a brush symbol is normal and indicates that the dishwasher is currently washing your dishes.
Is there a specific error code associated with the blinking red light on Bosch dishwashers?
Yes, there are different error codes that may appear with the blinking red light on Bosch dishwashers, such as E01, E02, E04, E06, E11, E13, E17, E18, E24, and E25.
Which Bosch dishwasher shows time on floor?
The Bosch Series 6 SMV6ZCX01G dishwasher has a feature called Timelight that displays the remaining time on the floor.
How do you know when a Bosch dishwasher is done?
Most Bosch dishwashers have a light or display that indicates when the dishwasher cycle is complete. You may also hear a beep or sound to let you know it’s finished.
So, there you have it – all the ways you can fix this small but incredibly annoying issue.
By following my simple tips and giving your Bosch dishwasher some attention, you can reduce the chances of encountering that blinking red light issue.
You can keep your dishwasher happy and your dishes sparkling clean again!