Viking dishwashers are known for their exceptional performance, making dish cleanup a breeze.
But they’re not always the perfect kitchen partners – even the most advanced models can run into occasional snags- no exception.
There’s good news though. You’re not going to have to do surgery on your washer. A reset can do the job perfectly fine.
Let me tell you the whys and hows in this post.
Why A Viking Dishwasher Might Require A Reset?
Think of resetting your Viking dishwasher as a quick fix button for different situations.
Here’s why it’s handy:
- Fixing Hiccups: Sometimes, the dishwasher gets a bit confused by software glitches. A reset sorts these out and gets it back on track.
- Dealing with Buttons Acting Up: When the buttons or display act funny, a reset can straighten things out, giving you back control.
- Beating Short-Term Errors: Getting weird error messages like the Viking Dishwasher Error Code E01? A reset helps your dishwasher shrug off these hiccups and get back to business.
- Easy Troubleshooting: Before diving deep, a reset might just be the simple fix you need.
- Starting Fresh with Settings: If your customized settings throw a curveball, a reset takes them back to the beginning so you can set things up again.
- Handling Power Hiccups: After a blackout, a reset brings your dishwasher back to normal mode.
How To Reset Viking Dishwasher (Using Start Button)
This is a soft reset and it’s often the simplest way to troubleshoot electronic issues.
Follow these steps to perform a soft reset on your Viking dishwasher:
- Find the “Start” button on your Viking dishwasher’s electronic control panel.
- Hold down the “Start” button for approximately four seconds.
- Let go of the “Start” button to trigger the reset of your dishwasher.
This easy maneuver should sort out minor disruptions and have your dishwasher ready to roll again.
How Do You Do A Hard Reset On Viking Dishwasher?
If a soft reset doesn’t do the trick, it’s time for a hard reset. Here’s how:
- Locate your home’s circuit breaker panel and identify the switch that controls your dishwasher’s power supply.
- Flip the circuit breaker switch to the “Off” position.
- Wait around two minutes for any residual electrical charge to dissipate.
- Flip the circuit breaker switch back to the “On” position.
A hard reset essentially gives your dishwasher a clean slate by cutting off its power supply temporarily, which can help with more persistent issues.
How do I turn on my Viking dishwasher?
Just find the “Start” button on the control panel, give it a press, and you’re good to go. Don’t forget to close the door securely!
Why is the start button flashing on my Viking dishwasher?
A flashing “Start” button could mean a slightly open door, a control panel thing, or something else. Try closing the door tight first. If it hangs around, check a repair guide or ping Viking’s customer service.
Why is my Viking dishwasher not starting?
If your Viking dishwasher isn’t kicking off, a few things could be at play. Start by checking if the door’s securely closed. Make sure it’s connected to power, and peek into any circuit breakers or fuses that might have taken a vacation.
Don’t forget to give the control panel settings a once-over. If it’s still playing hard to start, you might need to do a more extensive diagnosis.
What should I do if my Viking dishwasher is unresponsive?
Don’t get worried yet – it might not be that serious. Try a soft reset by holding “Start” for a sec. If no luck, only then consider a hard reset.
Should I perform a reset on my Viking dishwasher often?
No, resets are usually only needed when your dishwasher encounters issues. Performing resets too frequently can disrupt normal operations. So, try not to overdo it.
So, the bottom line is – a reset essentially clears the slate and brings your dishwasher back to its prime.
Resets take care of all sorts of problems, from minor bugs to a bit more complex stuff. Knowing when and why to reset keeps your dishwasher rocking its A-game.
So go on, try these resets on your Viking dishwasher and make sure it’s on point with its performance.